Would you participate in the Back to the Future scenario in real life?
Alterations and Specifications
You are in the Marty McFly position. With the help of your older buddy Doc Brown you can go back in time with a few slight alterations.
The Improvements –
1. The time machine does not need to be recharged or get up to 88MPH. No more worrying about the technology of the day. No more unreliable Mr. Fusions. No more trains with super logs. No crashing into theaters that eventually became mall parking lots. No more posters of Indians that coincidentally become real Indians 130 years earlier.
2. There is no chance of getting marooned in a time that is not your own. However, if you decide that you like a time better than your own you can hang out there for as long as you like as an extended vacation.
3. You can alter history however you see fit. Doc Brown won’t stop you. You can kill Hitler. You can make bets or simply investments. You can trip a Czar. You can take a picture of yourself with a Dinosaur and be a hit at the creationist museum.
4. There is a reset button. If for some reason you decide that you have changed history for the worse you can hit the button and set everything back the way it was. There’s no chance of your dad getting killed and your mother marrying his enemy in order to get fake breasts.
The Drawback: Doc Brown is a dick
In this scenario Doc Brown is simply a crotchety older man that you have to get along with. He likes you and is happy to spend time with you, but he doesn’t like much of anything else and you always have this feeling that if you stop coming around or go against him he might become vindictive.
1. He’s a terrible tipper and he’s rude to the wait staff. If he ever saw you add a twenty to the tip he’d become incensed and would be just a pill for the rest of the day.
2. He’s pretty racist. He’s always saying things like “one of the good ones” and “always taking handouts.” He always calls minorities by a stereotypical name like Jose for people of Hispanic decent and Jamal for African Americans. He always wants to listen to right wing radio and Fox News and blames Obama for most of the ills in America. At least once a month he does the “I’m watching you” motion to a random minority.
3. He has a smell. He’s a terrible cook, but gets hurt when you don’t try his goulash. He farts in public and doesn’t apologize. His house smells and isn’t very clean.
4. Your significant other hates him and doesn’t understand your relationship. He on the other hand loves them and wonders why you don’t bring them around more.
So, do you want to be Marty?